At Pacific Since: 2001
Bhaskara R. Jasti '95, MPharm, PhD, FAAPS earned his bachelor of pharmacy in 1987 from Kakatiya University in Warangal, India and his master of pharmacy from Jadavpur University in Calcutta, India in 1989. He earned his doctor of philosophy from University of the Pacific in 1995. Dr. Jasti joined the Pacific family in 2001.
He is actively involved with the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) and the Controlled Release Society. He was named a Fellow of the AAPS in 2009 making him the first at Pacific to receive this honor. Dr. Jasti was also selected as the Faculty Research Lecturer in 2010.
He loves that the faculty at Pacific work closely together as a team with the shared goal of training practice-ready graduates. He credits his fellow Pacific faculty members as major influences on his career.
Outside of the University he is involved in the community with an emphasis on helping to provide quality science education for high school students. He enjoys playing golf and tennis, as well as watching movies.
BS, Kakatiya University in Warangal, India, 1987
MPharm, Jadavpur University, India, 1989
PhD, University of the Pacific, 1995
PHRM 114 — Physical Pharmacy & Dosage Forms
PHRM 134 — Applied Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacogenomics
PCSP 225 — Pharmaceutical Technologies
PCSP 229 — Adv Drug Delivery System
PCSP 297 — Graduate Research
PCSP 299 — Thesis
PCSP 283 — Multi Disciplinary Project
PCSP 397 — Graduate Research
“Designing and developing novel drug products that will lead to better treatments in cancer patients.”
- Oral Mucosal Drug Delivery
- Targeted Drug Delivery
- Mucoadhesive Nanoparticles for Pulmonary Delivery
- Design of Diodegradable Drug Delivery Systems
- In itro and in vivo Correlation of Formulations
- Translational Pharmacology of Anticancer Agents
- Delivery of Antisense Oligonucleotides
- Permeation of Ionic Compound through Polymeric Membranes
- Effect of Food on Drug Bioavailability and Pharmacokinetics
- Solubility of Drugs in Polymer Matrices