09:00 a.m. - 05:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 23, 2023 – Saturday, June 1, 2024
We are pleased to offer an RDAEF program for licensed RDAs and RDAEFs in California. This comprehensive program satisfies the Dental Board of California’s requirements for preparing RDAs and existing RDAEFs for extended functions licensure. Our program goes above and beyond the board’s requirements for instructional time to ensure participants receive the highest quality training and education available today and to prepare them for these new responsibilities. All sessions are taught by dental faculty members from the Dugoni School of Dentistry. Participants will receive the same outstanding quality of education that predoctoral students receive at our premier dental school.
The Dugoni School of Dentistry Difference
- A comprehensive program with 410 hours of instruction (342 for existing RDAEFs), combining in-person lectures, online modules, group discussions, hands-on laboratory and live patient clinical experiences
- Certification programs for both RDAs and existing RDAEFs at a fully accredited dental school
- Personalized instruction led by dental faculty members from the Dugoni School of Dentistry
- The only Dental Board of California-approved provider of the RDAEF program at a dental school in Northern California
- Interest-free, flexible payment plans available to qualified candidates
- Funding available through the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan®
- Convenient weekend schedule at the Dugoni School of Dentistry’s state-of-the-art campus in downtown San Francisco
Program for RDAs
This 410-hour certification program trains and prepares currently licensed RDAs to perform all of the new procedures in extended dental functions which include:
- Performing patient oral health evaluations, charting and evaluating of soft tissue, classifying occlusion and myofunctional evaluation
- Performing oral health assessments in community and school-based settings under the direction of a dentist, RDH or RDHAP
- Sizing and fitting endodontic master points and accessory points
- Making final impressions for tooth-borne removable prostheses
- Polishing and contouring existing amalgam restorations
- Placing, contouring, finishing and adjusting all direct restorations
- Adjusting and cementing permanent indirect restorations
Additionally, participants will be trained to perform:
- Cord retraction and final impressions procedures for indirect restorations
- Fitting and cementing endodontic master points and accessory points
- Making final impressions for permanent indirect restorations
- All other procedures authorized and adopted by the dental board*
*Please see Section 1753.6 of the California Business and Professions Code
Program for Existing RDAEFs
This 342-hour program updates existing RDAEFs (who were licensed prior to January 1, 2010) in the new, allowable procedures for RDAEFs described above. Participants who successfully complete this program will be eligible to take the new RDAEF exam, and upon successful completion, will be able to perform all of the expanded duties approved for currently licensed California RDAEFs.
Tuition: $20,995 RDAs; $16,995 RDAEFs
Student Kit Fee: $2,995
Deposit: $2,000 (nonrefundable)
Location: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, 155 Fifth Street, SF
Credits: This activity is designated for 410/342 units of continuing education credit.
Modules and Dates
The RDAEF program is divided into three modules held on Saturdays and Sundays—two to three weekends per month—throughout the eight-month period. Both RDAs and existing RDAEFs maintain the same course schedule for Modules 1 and 2. However, existing RDAEFs will take fewer classes in Module 3.* In addition, students will be required to complete restorations in their supervising dentist’s office.
September 23, 2023 – November 19, 2023
December 2, 2023 – January 28, 2024
February 3, 2024 – June 1, 2024
Visit dental.pacific.edu/RDAEF for more information