Pacific seeks Department Chair of Pharmacy Practice
Impact the future of pharmacy education. Successful candidates must have a doctoral degree, 10+ years of pharmacy practice experience and academic experience at the rank of associate or full professor.
NIH grant enables innovative bioelectricity research
Carlos A. Villalba-Galea, PhD is exploring the Kv7 protein in his innovative bioelectricity research funded by a $337,647 NIH grant.
Faculty researcher awarded $1.15 million NIH grant
Melanie A. Felmlee, PhD has received a four-year $1.15 million grant for research that focuses on the differences in the way males and females process GHB.
Research Emphasizes the Potential Risks of Consuming Energy Drinks
A research team led by Sachin A. Shah, PharmD, FACC, FAHA discovered consuming energy drinks altered the heart's electrical activity and raised blood pressure.
Faculty Awards and Recognition
Our faculty are constantly earning their stripes on campus, across the country and around the world. Additional scholarly activity can be found on Tiger Stripes.
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists Affiliate Chapter Volunteer of the Year Award — Andrea Hinton, PharmD, FCSHP
- California Society for Health-Systems Pharmacists Innovative Pharmacy Practice Award Honorable Mention — Rajul Arvind Patel ’01, ’06, PharmD, PhD on behalf of the Medicare Part D Outreach Clinics
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Central Valley chapter, Kelli Haase Memorial Pharmacist of the Year Award — Marcus C. Ravnan ’94, PharmD, FCSHP, FASHP
- American College of Cardiology Fellow — Sachin A. Shah, PharmD, FACC, FAHA
- University of the Pacific’s Faculty Mentor Award — Rajul A. Patel ’01, ’06, PharmD, PhD
- University of the Pacific’s Faculty Research Lecturer Award — Mamoun M. Alhamadsheh, PhD
- College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacist Foundation Strategic Goals Award — Rajkumar Sevak, PhD, RPh
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Innovative Pharmacy Practice Award Honorable Mention — Rajul A. Patel ’01, ’06, PharmD, PhD, Carly A. Ranson ’13, ’17, PharmD, MS, BCGP, Edward L. Rogan, PharmD, BCACP, FCPhA and Neel Prasad ’96, PharmD on behalf of the Medicare Part D Outreach Clinics
- University of the Pacific’s Faculty Research Lecturer Award — William K. Chan, PharmD, PhD
- University of the Pacific’s Order of Pacific — William A. Kehoe, MA, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists — Affiliate Chapter Volunteer of the Year — Audrey J. Lee, PharmD, BCPS, FCSHP
- California Pharmacists Association Fellow — Edward L. Rogan, PharmD, BCACP, FCPhA
- American Heart Association Fellow — Sachin A. Shah, PharmD, FAHA
- Eberhardt Teacher/Scholar Award — Xiaoling Li, PhD
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists — Silver Level Star Award — Jason Bandy ’00, PharmD, FCSHP
- Distinguished Faculty Award - Bhaskara R. Jasti ’95, MPharm, PhD
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (CSHP) Fellow - Kate O'Dell, PharmD, BCPS, FCSHP
- CSHP Star Awards, Silver Level - William A. Kehoe, MA, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) New Investigator Award - Melanie Felmlee
- California Pharmacists Association (CPhA) Election President-Elect - Veronica Bandy '00, '08
- CSHP Central Valley Chapter Pharmacist of the Year - Dean Phillip Oppenheimer
- NIH Research Project Grant (R01) - Carlos Villalba-Gallea
- American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE) College of Fellow - Xiaoling Li
- California Pharmacists Association Fellow - Jason Bandy '00
- California Pharmacists Association Fellow - Clifford Young
- California Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (CSHP) Grassroots Advocates Recognition Program, Gold - Jason Bandy '00
- Eberhardt Teacher/Scholar - Mark Walberg '01, '06
- Faculty Research Lecturer Award - Roshanak Rahimian
- Fellow - Elaine Law
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) 150th Anniversary Alumni Excellence Award - Dean Phillip R. Oppenheimer
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Master Preceptor - Andrea Hinton
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Outstanding Educator Award - Xiaoling Li
Addressing Stockton's diabetes epidemic with community clinics
A $420,000 grant from the Abbott Fund will be used to prevent and manage diabetes through screening, testing, medication management while also minimizing barriers to medication adherence.
Professor Jasti named executive director of new academic center
Bhaskara R. Jasti ’95, MPharm, PhD will direct the establishment of the long-term vision of the Jie Du Center for Innovation and Excellence for Drug Development.
Pharmacy faculty members help combat opioid epidemic
Pacific pharmacy faculty were awarded a $105,000 contract from San Joaquin County to support local efforts to reduce the number of opioid- and drug-related overdoses and deaths.