The Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy is proud to partner with Legacy Heart Care. The goal of this program is to increase industry fellowship opportunities offered through partnerships between biopharmaceutical organizations and universities on the West Coast. As an FIP fellow, you will be fully immersed in the marketing/MSL position to support the business needs of Legacy Heart Care while developing your personal experience and portfolio in the industry. In addition, you will have opportunities to work alongside the faculty and preceptors at the University and Travis Air Force Base. This partnership is particularly unique as you will collaborate with some of the best KOLs in the external counterpulsation or cardiology arena.
About Legacy Heart Care
This one-year Marketing/MSL fellowship at Legacy Heart Care (LHC) offers a unique opportunity to pair one’s PharmD training, and clinical cardiology interest with hands-on commercial experience in the cardiovascular therapy and medical device industries. The fellow will provide medical communication to existing and potential medical providers/KOLs that refer patients to Legacy Heart Care’s External Counterpulsation (ECP) program. The fellow will interact with other personnel from Sales, Medical Affairs and other senior executives to bolster the company’s vision and mission.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leverage clinical insights to engage physicians and facilitate the transition of appropriate patients to LHC.
- Monitor marketing and clinical outcomes from the regional center to modify marketing activities.
- Provide presentations and relevant education to healthcare practitioners.
- Identify and engage KOLs in education or research endeavors.
- Provide industry relevant scientific updates to the marketing and leadership teams to direct projects and initiatives within the organization.
- Engage in strategy planning and brand development meetings.
- Develop high impact marketing tools in collaboration with internal stakeholders and agency partners.
- Engage with advertising agencies and relevant commercial vendors.
- Develop awareness of LHC and ECP at a local and national platform.
- Travelling is expected and not limited to the local area. Attendance at key sales and marketing meetings, as well as attendance at relevant scientific meetings would be required.
Fellowship Program Dates
The fellowship begins on July 1, 2021 and ends on June 30, 2022.
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
A candidate must be:
- A permanent resident or citizen of the United States
- PharmD from an accredited college or university before the start of the fellowship term
Candidates must submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation emailed directly from letter writer to FIP Director - may be submitted after the application deadline
- One professional writing sample
- Unofficial pharmacy school transcript
- All applications received by November 6, 2020 will be considered for the fellowship position.
- All applications received after November 6, 2020 will be reviewed and considered on a rolling basis.
- Submit to email@example.com
Jeremy Lim ’12, PharmD and Sachin A. Shah, PharmD, FACC, FAHA, professor of pharmacy practice, teamed up to create the Fellowship in Industry Program with the goal of providing exceptional pharmaceutical industry training for PharmD graduates.
Sachin A. Shah, PharmD, FACC, FAHA
Director, Fellowship in Industry Program
Professor of Pharmacy Practice
University of the Pacific
Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy
3601 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA 95211