The goals of the applied science major are to promote the development of a liberal education in students who enter into entry-level professional doctorate health science programs, promote the development of graduates who are able to apply the natural/basic sciences to the practice of their field of study in an applied health science field and enable students in entry-level professional doctorate health sciences programs the opportunity to earn a baccalaureate degree.
Students must apply to the Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science program by completing the appropriate section of the Change of Program form.
- For those graduating from the entry-level professional doctorate health science program, complete the "Addition to Program of Study" section.
- For those not graduating from the entry-level professional doctorate health science program, complete the "Change to Program of Study" section.
- Students are encouraged to apply to the Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science program at least one year prior to the expected graduation from that program.
- Students must have official transcripts from all other colleges and universities submitted to the University's Office of Admission in Stockton.
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts should also be sent to the designated program director.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science is not eligible for the Pacific Transfer Admission Agreement (TAA).
At the completion of the bachelor of arts in applied science, students will be able to:
a. Demonstrate and apply the discipline-specific knowledge and skills within their field of study.
b. Demonstrate effective and appropriate abilities within their discipline with respect to:
1) Verbal and written communication;
2) Collaboration and team work;
3) Interactions with individuals from various cultures and ethnicities;
4) Retrieval of information from appropriate resources.
5) Use of information and data (quantitative and qualitative) in decision making; and
c. Engage in community based activities aimed at advancing society or assisting others.
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211